Monday I went fishing by myself for a little me time. It was sunny and all the fisher-people were out on the pier. There must have been around 80 or even 100 people out there with me, and we were all reeling them in. I caught 3 Mackerel within the first 10 minutes—all on one line. The lure I have been using has 5 hooks on it so you can catch a lot at once. It’s exciting to have a few fish in on the line at once but it also makes for a short fishing trip since I’d rather just catch enough to eat for one or two days at a time. Within 45 minutes I caught 11 fish and threw 4 back. I came home with about 5 pounds of Mackerel and Sardines! It has been a really great way to spend time with Freddie and pass some time by myself too. I will definitely miss it but maybe we’ll be back here again someday and I can fish to my heart’s content.
Last night we were lucky enough to spend a great evening with our friends Terry and Jade who are visiting from Vancouver and staying in San Diego for the week. What a much needed breath of social fresh air. We have been without contact with anyone familiar for over a month now (when my parents came to visit) and who knows how long it was before that—somewhere close to 7 or 8 weeks. It was nice to share a meal with some great friends who know what it’s like to eat dinner and visit while children are yelling in the background. They have a 3 year old and a 1 year old so they are no strangers to chaos, and we were happy to be sharing the chaos with anyone but ourselves. We had some fun in the hot tub where Freddie and Olive really hit it off pretending to be different animals stuck in a mud pit. Thanks again Terry and Jade! We’ll see you back in Vancouver soon.






I hope you keep up your blog after your back in Vancouver. Great to see pictures of you and your family and you could be the tour guide for Vancouver.
ReplyDelete