Today we woke up to find the Easter Bunny had come and left a bunch of little treats around the cottage, what a surprise! Freddie barely noticed the candy but was very excited about the miniature toys and a new book. We all had chocolate for breakfast and left for the park on a sugar high. I have never spent an Easter in 24 degree weather but I don’t think I will ever celebrate another Easter without thinking about the one we spent on the beach.
Steve had to help, Freddie wasn't interested in putting them away for later.
Steve went surfing and later on I worked up the guts to go try it out too. In his wet suit I laid on the surfboard and let the waves push me to shore. The wetsuit is warm and the waves were not as big as they have been on other days but it was still unnerving being out there. The waves seemed huge as they charged toward me, and although the water is calmer farther out the risk of injury by shark goes up!
Now I’m sitting at the Laundromat waiting for the clothes to be finished. I never thought there would come a time in my life where I would look forward to doing something like sitting in a Laundromat, alone, with an hour and a half of waiting ahead of me. But after all the time we three have spent together in close proximity the time has come and I’m truly enjoying being by myself. Although it's nice to spend some time alone we are finding ourselves getting lonely for other people. Steve even went to L.A. to see Shotgun Jimmie's show on Friday to see a familiar face--we're desperate for friends by now! Three months with no social life is a challenge. Why haven't any of you come to see us (except for my parents of course--thanks for visiting mom and dad!). It's summer down here, what other reason do you need?
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
This week has gone by in a flash. Steve is working on a script for part of his video and will do the filming tomorrow and Tuesday. He’s also been planning out a series of paintings he will start when we get back. I’ve been doing a bit of drawing in the evenings although I usually find I’d rather watch a movie or something else brainless instead.Yesterday we had breakfast (pancakes) on the beach.
Freddie and I have been fishing again and caught a few more sardines. They taste good an easy to cook, but I think I will try to catch something bigger next time. Here's a picture of Freddie reeling in a fish all by herself!
We’ve also spent a lot of time at the beach park just a few minute walk away. Freddie calls it squirrel park because there are hundreds of squirrels that live there and run around all over the place getting chased by all the kids. Here she is looking down a squirrel burrow.
The tube slide!
I wanted to take some pictures of the sand castles we’ve been building but somehow they always get smashed before I have a chance to snap a photo. Freddie's interest in the beach comes and goes, and in the last few days all she has wanted to do is sit in front of her speakers and listen to Peter and the Wolf. This picture was not staged. This is actually what she does, sometimes for an hour straight. She'd probably do it for longer if I let her.
I think she’s listened to it about 17 times in the last 3 days—she’s obsessed. I’ve been forcing her to come outside with me, and the whole time we’re outside she recites the story and pretends to be the different instruments singing the tunes of each of the characters; as soon as we get back inside she’s asking to listen to it again. She has always loved these epic stories in musical form. When she's not listening to Peter and the Wolf or some other musical obsession we try and get her to do some reading, usually we have to read to her but on rare occasions she likes to read on her own!
I think she’s listened to it about 17 times in the last 3 days—she’s obsessed. I’ve been forcing her to come outside with me, and the whole time we’re outside she recites the story and pretends to be the different instruments singing the tunes of each of the characters; as soon as we get back inside she’s asking to listen to it again. She has always loved these epic stories in musical form. When she's not listening to Peter and the Wolf or some other musical obsession we try and get her to do some reading, usually we have to read to her but on rare occasions she likes to read on her own!
Next Saturday is Freddie’s birthday, and then Sunday is Steve’s. What a party! There will be lots of cake and presents to be had. I’ll post some pictures. I wish you were all here to celebrate with us.






















We miss you too!! Why don't you come and visit us?! :P
ReplyDeleteA very happy birthday to sweet Freddie in advance. We'll be having a party on Saturday for Maya and will also think of Freddie. Oh and happy birthday to Steve as well! :)
See you in a couple of weeks. Woohoo!!!