February 24 Friday
Flying our kite.
I wonder if Freddie will remember any of the things we have been seeing and doing while on this trip. We have gone to so many different cities and seen a lot of sights. My parents have told me stories about my toddler days, like the time I had a pet worm and took it along with me for the day tied to a string. I think I was almost three (the same age as Freddie). It’s strange to think of three years of your life going by with no memory of things you’ve experienced.
Well just in case Freddie wants to know about what she was like when she was almost three, I did a little interview with her today asking her about her favorite things.
favorite colour : orange
favorite candy: chocolate
favorite toy: play dough and Mr. Condutcor (a talking dinosaur)
favorite food: hamburgers and french fries
favorite song: “flutes” (stereo lab “black ants in sound dust”)
favorite place: the beach/hot tub
She’s a very interesting little person and I think she is pretty bright too. The other night when we were driving she looked out the window and said “the night is a man . . . he is made of glass”.
Speaking of glass, here is Queen Califa's Magical Circle Garden in Escondido (just North of San Diego). Artist: Niki De Saint Phalle
This sculpture garden seems misplaced nestled in and amongst the many athletes at the Escondido Frisbee golf course. People wander around from pole to pole with their Frisbees completely uninterested in this beautifully bombastic display of glass and stone mosaic art. The giant snakes that warp around the exterior of the garden reminded me of the sand worms in Beetle Juice. The whole thing is mind bending.

























No comments:
Post a Comment