After what felt like the longest day of driving so far, mainly because of the scenery, and a long check in, we finally got up to our room at the famous Circus Circus Hotel at 7pm. Here’s the view from our room.
After unloading all our junk from the car we rushed down to the main casino area, wolfed down a little of everything at the buffet, and headed out for some exploring.Feb.10 Friday
Of course most people are aware that Vegas is a place to go to forget about your life at home and indulge in whatever it is you think you are missing in your regular day to day routine. For some people that’s drinking and gambling 24 hours a day, others are into the plethora of erotic clubs and shops. Of course there are also the endless shows too—Cirque du Soleil, Blue Man Group, Chris Angel, Penn and Teller, Jabberwockeez, Garth Brooks, Motley Crue, Lynyrd Skynrd, and obviously a ton of others. In a way we were there escaping our regular day to day life, but this whole trip is that I guess (Steve wants me to qualify this by saying that he is still working very hard, which is the same as at home ;-S). We were (I was) there to people watch and take in some complimentary entertainment.
Here is the Chinese New Year display at the Bellagio Gardens.
The lobby horse.
The fountain show at the Bellagio.
Freddie enjoying an ice cream cone.
Some other sights.
The Aquarium at the Silverton had some sad looking stingrays and a bunch of other creatures who looked uncomfortable, not that I know how it feels to be a fish in a tank. I’ve started to feel quite conflicted about animal captivity and I’m not sure what I will do about it yet, but since we were there we thought we might as well stay for the mermaid.
We realized once we got there that the Silverton is also a Hotel/Casino for the outdoors man/woman. Here you can see how great dead animals are at selling clothes, snacks and other necessary commodities for ones outdoorsy needs.
After a nap and some dinner we headed out to the “Fremont Street Experience”—a light show displayed on the worlds largest screen. 1500 feet (the length of five football fields), this screen shoots lights and ads over the heads of more than 25000 people (and mascots) per day. There were people zooming by over-head on a zip-line that stretched the length of the screen too. Here is where we got a chance to do some serious people watching.
There were lots of different characters hanging around just waiting to get their photos taken with you. What a good way to make some extra money I thought to myself. I would probably avoid the scandalous costumes like this one:
Or this one,
and go for something a bit more goofy, like Goofy. But I bet that cupid makes a killing on a given
night.
night.
Freddie was very excited about cookie monster and followed him around for a while afterwards.
She even got the courage to give Sponge Bob a kiss on the cheek.
Some kids with Gene Simmons.
All in all we left Las Vegas with lots of memories and Freddie will be talking about the “Clown Hotel” for a while I think. I will never forget "hair feather".










































No comments:
Post a Comment