Friday, January 27, 2012

2 days 3 sleeps

As we prepare ourselves to head off on our three month adventure into the uncharted territory of San Francisco CA. and beyond, we thought (Steve and I--Freddie could care less) that you might want to tag along. So my plan is to keep you up on things as we travel around. We're not sure where we will all be going or what we might see along the way but hopefully this blog will keep me motivated to take pictures and write a few things down.

As our departure day sneaks up on us (two days until we leave) I managed to catch some sort of stomach bug. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to pack everything up while feeling nauseated but I'm sure it's been done before, in fact I know it's been done before. Whenever I get a bit nervous about leaving the comforts of home I think of my Grandparents' very long immigration to Canada from Holland. My Grandma was 7 months pregnant (or so) with a 2 year old in tow. Cloth diapers, like today, were all the rage and I'm not exactly sure how she did laundry on the ship they were sailing over on, let alone on the train once they got here. Three weeks on a ship with motion sickness and a two year old, ugh. Oh, also, the women stayed in separate quarters from the men. . . not that men were much of a help back then, with the kids I mean. Steve changes diapers and Freddie will be strapped into a seat (while we drive) so all I have to do is sit back, crank the Raffi and relax.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Meg - I will definitely follow your guys adventures. Hope you feel a little perkier today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey meg we will love being part of your adventure. not sure how fun 30 hrs of raffi will be. we wish you guys all the best. can't wait to see the pictures and video one day. we miss you already. jaime

    ReplyDelete